The following instructions outline the configuration process for Samsung SSP displays.
If you have not yet added players to the Players section of your Network, please follow these instructions on Adding Players as Device ID’s will be needed as a part of the setup process.
Once you have unpacked and mounted the screen, connect it to the network via an Ethernet Cable (Hardwired connection is recommended). When you are ready, switch the screen on and follow the on-screen setup guide as detailed below using the remote control that is supplied with the screen:
The following instructions outline the configuration process for Samsung SSP displays:
Once you have unpacked and mounted the screen, connect it to the network via an Ethernet Cable or if you are using one, plug in the Samsung USB Wi-Fi Adapter. When you are ready switch the screen on and follow the on-screen setup guide as detailed below using the remote control that is supplied with the screen:
1) Choose the required Menu Language, and then arrow across to select ‘Next’.
2) Choose whether this screen will be installed ‘Landscape’ or ‘Portrait’ and then select ‘Next’.
3) Your display will now attempt to detect your network (Internet Connection). If your LAN (Local Area Network) is set up for DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol aka Automatic) then the display will detect this and will verify that the display is connected to the Internet. If you need to assign a static IP address or attach the display to a Wi-Fi network you will be able to select the required access point and enter in the required credentials. Note: If no network cable is connected at this stage, you won’t be able to select Wired, but you will be able to configure for Wi-Fi.
4) ‘Configure your TV’, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT ‘I Don’t Receive a TV Signal’ unless you have a coax cable that carry’s TV programming connected to the display and want to wrap digital signage content. See www.ipingtv.com for further information.
5) Step 5 is then bypassed based on Step 4’s selection.
6) Set the correct ‘Date’ and ‘Time’ and then select ‘Next’.
7) ‘Play via’ must be set to ‘URL Launcher’ and then select ‘Next’. You will then be prompted to enter the URL: https://go.pinghd.com/e.
*For Portrait screens, use URL: https://go.pinghd.com/f
Use the remote control to type in the URL and select ‘Done’ when complete.
8) Finally select ‘URL Launcher’. The screen will then go black.
9) Press the ‘Info‘ button 4 times on the remote.
10) Enter the Engage Channel ID located in the player record from the Players page in the software (the DEL button next to the 0 will give you the dash).
11) Press the ‘Enter‘ button.
Now that the screen is configured, there are some basic settings that are recommended to improve the appearance. Using the remote access the ‘Menu’ and set the following:
System > Eco Solution > Eco Sensor > Set to “OFF“.
Once you have changed these settings, press “Menu‟ to exit.
Once the display has been connected to the software, a “Congratulations” splash page will appear, unless content has been schedule to the player in advance.