When using this widget, to activate the triggers, you will need to select the ‘Group(s)’ and then the Application Page you’d like to trigger. If using Icon view, then you must attach your Icons in the Application Page(s) properties. Once you’ve built this Layout, you can take the ViewKey URL and save as a book mark on your laptop, desktop or tablet for quick access to fire the interrupt content.
NOTE: Websockets must be switched on for your EngagePHD network. Contact email@example.com to ensure this is switched on.
Add the Remote Control Widget from the Store
1) Click on the ‘Store’ icon from the Home page.
2) Search for “Remote Control”
3) Click ‘Next’ on the widget.
4) Rename the widget if you’d like to call it something else. Click ‘Add to my Network’ to add the widget to your Asset Library.
Connect Images/Logos to your Pages
If you would like to show a logo or button for your pass as part of the Remote Control widget, you’ll need to add the image to the Page properties.
1) Go to ‘Applications’ from the Home page.
2) Click on the ‘Properties’ of the Page.
3) Ensure that the ‘Show in Widget’ option is switched to ‘Yes’ (If any time you would like to stop showing the logo in the widget, this setting can be switched to ‘No’).
3) Under ‘Logo’ click on the ‘Choose File’ button to upload the image. Click ‘Save’ to complete the upload.
4) The next time you open the Page Properties, you should see the logo you’ve added:
When using this widget, to activate the triggers, you will need to select the ‘Group(s)’ and then the Application Page you’d like to trigger. If you haven’t already created Groups for your players, please follow the steps below.
1) Click on the ‘Groups’ icon from the Home page.
2) Click on the ‘Create New’ button.
3) Give your Group a name.
4) Select only the Players you would like as part of this Group. This ensure that the triggers you send to the Group through the Remote Control only change content on these players.
5) Click ‘Save’
6) If needed, you can create additional groups for the same or different players.
Create a Layout for your Interface
Once you’ve built this Layout, you can take the ViewKey URL and save as a book mark on your laptop, desktop or tablet for quick access to fire the interrupt content. NOTE: Websockets must be switched on for your EngagePHD network. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure this is switched on.
1) From the Home page, click on ‘Layouts’.
2) Use the ‘Create New’ button to create a new layout. Depending on the size of the screen or mobile device you will be viewing/interacting with the remote interface, you might need to adjust the layout Height and Width. The default will be 1920×1080.
3) Click ‘Save and go to Designer’ to enter the Layout Designer.
4) Click on the ‘Add Widget’ icon on the toolbar and locate the Remote Control Interface widget in your Assets. Click on the widget to add it to your layout.
5) Click on the properties icon to open the widget settings:
- Group Width – This allows you to change to width of the Group name, which will appear at the top of the widget.
- Groups – Are the Group ID’s, which can be found on the left side of the Groups page.
- Icons – This allows you toggle between icons or a text link.
- Image Height – This is the height you would like your icons to display.
- Padding – This adjusts the spacing between the icons.
- Style Group – Allows you to add a font style unique to the Group.
- Style Link – If the icons are toggled off to show only a text link, this will allow you to apply a font to that link text.
6) Click ‘Save’. Your widget will populate based on the settings you provided.
7) To view and use the Remote Control, click on the ‘Preview’ icon from the layout toolbar, or from the main Layouts page. This will open a new tab that you can bookmark or share as a unique webpage that will remotely control the screens that are using your Application.