We recommend image and video files have a maximum resolution of 1920×1080 or 1080×1920 for best playback on media players.
Supported Image File Types:
Supported Video File Types:
- MP4 – We recommend encoding files to MP4 format for best playback. Please see Using Correct Video Format / Encoding Video Files to MP4 for recommendations on encoding videos to MP4 as H.264.
If you do not have access to more advanced design tools like Photoshop, another option would be PowerPoint.
Microsoft Office 365 has monthly subscription options that include PowerPoint.
To ensure that your background fits the height and width of your screen, you will need to adjust the Slide settings to support 1920×1080 (or 1080×1920 for portrait).
1) Click on the Design Tab and select Slide Size > Custom Slide Size:
2) Ensure the following settings for landscape (reverse for portrait):
3) When prompted, select Max Fit to ensure that the resolution will fit the full slide.
Saving Your Background Slide As A JPEG or PNG
1) Click on the Save or Save As icon at the top left of PowerPoint.
2) Click on the Save as type drop down and select JPEG File Interchange Format or PNG Portable Network Graphics Format.