The objective of Tags is to manage one single playlist and tagging will dictate if that screen should/show not show the asset(s). For example, let’s say you had a beverage playlist full of beverage Assets (JPEG or PNG images, MP4 videos) but you would like only certain Assets to play on certain players. The steps below will allow you to achieve this.
There are two sides to setting up Tags; The Playlist ‘Asset‘ tags and the Player record tags.
STEP 1: Setting up Asset Tags
1) From the Home page, click on ‘Playlists‘.
2) Create a new playlist or open an existing playlist.
3) In the Playlist, click on the properties icon of the Asset in the Playlist and define the tag you want to assign by clicking in the ‘Tags’ field, typing your tag and pressing the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard to apply to the tag new:
STEP 2. Setting up Player Tags
1) From the Home page, click on ‘Players‘.
2) Click on the players you need to add your tags to:
3) From the Player record, you must add the same Tags to match what you set in the Asset within the Playlist. The Player will then only play the Assets from the Playlist when a) the Tags match or b) no tag is set on the asset in the Playlist: