One of the fun features about Applications is that it allows you to create an interactive experience even if you do not have a touchscreen enabled player. Applications can be used for Channel Control using your screens IR remote control. Applications Pages are assigned a ‘remote key’ which allows a user to use the IR remote to jump to a Page to view content.
Create A Blank Template
A template is required for the Application to work. The template in this example will be left blank.
1) Under Templates, click on the ‘Create New’ button and give your template a name. In this example, we’ll call this template “Blank”:
2) The Template will be added to each Touchscreen Page that is created.
Create Pages with Remote Keys
1) From the Applications main page, click on the ‘Create New’ button to create new pages for your channels.
2) As you create your new pages, be sure to select your Template (in this example, we’re using the “Blank” template). In this step, you’ll also give your page a Remote Key – this is the key(s) pressed on the remote to “change the channel” to your Pages.
3) Click ‘Save’ and click on the Description or the ‘Designer’ icon to open the Designer.
Create the Application
1) From the main Applications page, click on the ‘Create New’ button under Application:
2) Give your Application a name.
3) If needed, a Timeout can be applied. However, this function may not be useful if your Application will be used for live feeds. In this example we will set the Application Timeout to 0.
4) Assign your “Home” page. Tip: This could be a page that shows a channel guide.
You can always return to the Application to see what pages are connected to it and access the Designer for each page.
Assign the Application to Player(s)
1) From the Home page, click on the ‘Players’ icon. Then click on the Player you would like to deploy the Application to.
2) Select the Application from the ‘Application’ drop down:
3) Click ‘Save‘.