EngagePHD is a supported app on the latest Amazon Fire TV devices, allowing you to use a Fire TV device as a digital signage media player. The steps below outline installation of the app, as well as use of a free utility app call adbLink to help scale content.
Please note: Portrait mode is not supported by Fire TV devices.
Install EngagePHD APK
1) Using the IR remote controller, from the Home screen menu, go to Settings > My FireTV > Developer Options.
2) Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
3) Go to the Amazon app store and search and install an app called “Downloader“.
4) Open the Downloader App type in the URL: https://go.engagephd.com/engagefire.apk
5) click on the GO button.
6) Enter the DeviceID when prompted.
Using the adbLink Utility
- adbLink 4.8 for Windows (Windows 7 or greater)
- adbLink 4.8 for macOS (10.12 or greater, 10.7 for versions < 4.0)
2) On your Fire TV device, go to Settings > My FireTV > Developer Options > Adb Debugging > ON
3) After you download and install adbLink to your computer, open the program and click on the New button, provide a description of the Fire TV device, add the IP address and select ‘Save‘: