Bar Code Lift and Learn is built using the ‘Application’ section. The steps below will walk through creating the Lift and Learn application and assigning the application to your Player.
Create a Template
The Template provides the template for your Application Pages. Typically, the Template would include a background and any other “global” design elements you wanted to show on your Touchscreen Pages. However, in this example, we’ll label the Template “Blank”. The Template Layout Designer will also remain blank. The Touchscreen Pages will include the ‘Home’ page and the various pages that show content when the bar code is scanned.
1) Click on the ‘Create New’ button under Templates and provide a Name (in this example, we’re using “Blank” for the Name. The Width and Height are set to 1920×1080 by default for Landscape.
2) Click ‘Save’.
Create the ‘Home’ Page
First, create a “Home” page that will act as the starting page for your Application. This page will contain any content the user will see first. This page will also contain the “Triggers” for Bar Code pages.
1) Under ‘Pages‘, click on the ‘Create New’ button.
2) Give your page a Name (in this example, we’ll use “Home”).
3) Select the Template (in this example, we’re using the “Blank” template).
4) Click ‘Save’.
5) Click on the Home page ‘Designer’ icon, or the Description to open the Layout Designer:
6) Use the toolbar to ‘Add Image’ or ‘Add Video’ to be used for the Home page.
7) Use the ‘Add Image’ button on the toolbar to open the Asset Library and select or upload a transparent PNG file that will be used as the “Trigger”. Place as many Trigger PNG files as needed to the layout. In this example, we’ll add them to the top left corner. We’ll come back to these Triggers after creating the rest of the Pages.
Create the Bar Code Pages
1) From the Home page, click on the ‘Applications’ module. Use steps 2-4 above to create the pages that will show content when the Bar Code is scanned. Use the Bar Code as the page name so that you know which page to link your Triggers:
2) Open the ‘Designer’ for each page and add the video or image content you want to display when the Bar Code is scanned. Use the toolbar to ‘Add Image’ or ‘Add Video’ to add the files needed.
Link Bar Code Pages to Triggers in the Home page
1) Go back to the ‘Applications’ module from the Home page and click on the Home page to open the ‘Designer’.
2) Right-click on each Trigger and click on ‘Link to Page’:
3) Select the Page from the ‘Touchscreen’ drop-down and click ‘Save’:
4) Repeat this for all Triggers.
Create the Application
1) From the Home page, click on ‘Applications’.
2) Click on the ‘Create New’ button under ‘Applications’:
3) Give the Application a name (in this example, “Bar Code Lift and Learn”).
4) If you would like the screen to timeout and start over after a certain amount of time of inactivity, set the number of seconds for the ‘Timeout’.
5) Use the ‘Touchscreen’ drop-down to select your Home Page.
6) Click ‘Save’.
Connect the Application to the Player
1) From the Home page, click on ‘Players’.
2) Click on the Player you would like to attach the Lift and Learn Application to.
3) Select from the ‘Application’ drop-down.
4) Click ‘Save’.
5) Finally, check the box for ‘Barcode (LG)‘ on the Player Record and click ‘Save‘:
The Application will start downloading to the Player if the Player is online and performing a Health Check.