To setup Wi-Fi on a Brightsign you must 1st download and install BrightAuthor to your computer
After installing BrightAuthor, open it and select Tools > Setup Brightsign Unit
- Enable Wireless
- Enter wireless SSID and password (must be exact Case Sensitive)
- Make Wireless the top connection priority
- Set Time Zone
- (If Static IP is needed, click on Advanced Network Setup for this.
- Click Create Setup Files and create them to a blank Micro SD Card
- Boot BrightSign without SD Card. When you see screen asking you to insert SD Card, do so and you should immediately see a message the says standalone installation complete.
- Remove SD Card and Reboot the BrightSign. You should now see an IP address at the bottom of the screen next to the Mac address if the player successfully connects to the wireless network.
- You are now ready to set up your player with our software using these instructions if it has not already been connected to our network previously: https://knowledgebase.engagephd.com/article/player-setup-brightsign/