Once installed, open the application:
1) Click on the ‘Video’ tab and apply the following settings:
- Video Codec should be set to H.264 (x264)
- Framerate needs to be 30fps or less. 29.97 is the standard setting used by our design team. Above 30fps will not be supported:
2) Next, click on the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Options’:
3) Click on ‘Output Files’ and ensure that “Always Use MP4” is selected:
4) Drag your file into the empty space in the bottom portion of the HandBreak window.
5) Click on the ‘Browse’ button for from the Destination options.
6) Choose where you will be saving your new file and give you file a name (the name can be the same as the source file, but we suggest that you indicate somewhere in the name that this is a new file. For example: New File_encoded.mp4)
7) Click on the ‘Start’ button to begin the encoding process: