A Samsung SSP screen may require relaunching the URL Launcher if internet connection drops and the screen is not able to reconnect.
If offline, the Player(s) will not performing a Health Check from the Players page or the Dashboard.
Offline Players from the Players page:
Offline Players from the Dashboard page:
Re-launching the URL
1) Press the ‘Home’ button on your Samsung IR remote.
2) From the Home screen, use the arrow buttons on the remote to highlight ‘URL Launcher’:
4) Press the ‘Enter’ button, located in the middle of the arrow buttons.
5) If content update is pending, you should see ‘Updating URL Launcher‘, then the loading screen will appear followed by content.
6) Confirm from the ‘Players‘ page in the software that the player is performing health checks. If the player still does not perform a health check, is the screen connected to the internet? Is the network cable plugged into the screen?
Checking the Network Status (internet connectivity)
1) Press the Home button on the remote and select ‘Network Status‘:
2) A network check will be performed. If the network check is successful and you are connected to the network.
3) Go back to the Home screen and select the ‘URL Launcher‘.
If the player still does not perform a health check after relaunching the URL Launcher, please contact your IT to help troubleshoot the internet connection further.