Download and Install the EngagePHD Windows App
1) Install the latest version of Google Chrome.
2) Download and Run the EngagePHD Windows App from this link: https://go.engagephd.com/setup.exe
3) Select ‘Run‘.
Windows might prompt you if you want to run the startup, select ‘Run anyway‘ to continue.
4) Check the box to create a desktop shortcut and click ‘Next‘.
5) Click ‘Install’.
6) Once installation is complete, check the box to “Launch application” and click ‘Finish‘.
7) From the ‘Players‘ page in the software, locate the Device ID for the player you want to use, this can be found from the list view from the main ‘Players‘ page, or from the Player Record when you click on the player.
8) Enter the Device ID and click ‘Next‘:
The EngagePHD Control Panel will open and the application will connect to the server. If content has been Scheduled to the player, you will see a download status and the app will open content full screen.
To close the application, use Alt + F4 on your keyboard.
Understanding the EngagePHD Control Panel
- Change Player id – This allows you to enter a different Player ID from your Players page.
- Force Download – This will download all content that has been scheduled to the player.
- Start Chrome – This will reluanch the app and start playing content again.
- Update App – The app will update to the latest version when a Force Update is performed from the software. However, you can update the app locally from the ‘Update App’ button as well.
- Restart Windows – This will restart the player.
Finally, if you would like to have the EngagePHD app start automatically each the player is rebooted, you will need to add a shortcut to the Startup folder.
Click in the search bar and type in “Run”, select the ‘Run‘ option:
Type: “Shell:common startup” and press Enter on you keyboard. This should open the Startup folder:
3) Drag and drop the shortcut into the Startup folder.
From the software, schedule content to your player from the Home page > Schedule: Scheduling Content To Your Players