EngagePHD supports integration of Square POS system. The imported data maps to the Product database, where product data can be used to create a dynamic menu board layout.
Below are the follow attributes that are imported with integration Square:
- Product Number
What if the Product Name or Descriptions from my POS system don’t look menu friendly? Can I change the Name and Description?
- The best option is to change the Product Name and Product Description in your POS System providing that doesn’t impact your cash resister receipt formatting. If you cannot change these fields in your POS System then create two custom attributes in EngagePHD. Please see: How Do I Set Up Additional Attributes for Products.
- When creating the custom attributes, you could call them; ‘Menu Friendly Name‘ and ‘Menu Friendly Description‘. You will then be able to map to these fields in your Layout and define whatever Name and Description you require.
1) From the main navigation, click on the Settings icon:
2) Click on the ‘Integration‘ tab and scroll down down to the Integration Type.
3) Select ‘Square‘
4) Enter your unique token, then click on the ‘Connect to Square‘ button.
5) Click ‘Save‘
5) Go back to the ‘Integration‘ tab, scroll back down to the token settings. Check the box for ‘Default’ and ‘Save’.
The ‘Import’ button allows you to force an import rather than waiting ever 30 minutes for square to automatically import product data.