Android and Microsft Windows (7, 8, 10) players use Engage Local Network Sync mode.Please follow the setup steps below.
Requirements for sync mode
- Players should be hardwired on their own VLAN for sync to work. Wireless is not supported, but can work, no support will be provided. If using Samsung Sync, VLAN is essential and should support UDP and IGMP snooping.
- A dedicated VLAN recommended but not necessary for Engage Director and Engage Local Network Sync. Engage Local Network Sync will require a dedicated Windows PC running EngageLocalSync (node) App on the same LAN. The EngageLocalSync App can be downloaded from https://go.engagephd.com/EngageLocalSync.zip
Engage Local Network Sync Setup
- Engage Local Network Sync requires a dedicated PC (Windows PC not a Player) on the same VLAN must be designated to run the EngageLocalSync.
- Following Steps to install Teamviewer 9.
- Provide Teaviewer ID and Password to you representative. This will be needed to install EngageNode remotely.
- Please contact your representative to have them install EngageNode remotely.
- From the home page, click on ‘Groups‘.
- Click the ‘Create New’ button and a new Group called “Local Sync”
- Switch Sync Mode to ‘Engage Local Sync’.
- (Admin Step) Make note of IP and insert port number in the Local Network Server (format: 1.10.100:8001)
- Add Players (players can only be in THIS group for sync to work) and Save.
- Playlist needs to be Scheduled to the players in the group. You can sync different playlists assuming each playlist contains the same number of assets and the duration for each asset in its relevant sequence is set for the same length of time.
- A Force Update must be performed after group is created to “lock” in the group. Any additional players that are added to the group must be sent a Force Update to each player individually.