LG webOS uses two Additional Attributes in the Player Record for syncing content. Please follow steps below for setup.
- Players should be hardwired on their own VLAN for sync to work.
- A dedicated VLAN recommended.
- Custom Player attributes will need to be created to include:
- The master screen IP address
- Number of screens
Create a Sync Group
- From the home page, go to ‘Groups’ and click on the ‘Create New‘ button.
- Name your group
- Switch on ‘Sync’
- Add Players (players can only be in THIS group for sync to work) and Save.
Add Sync Attributes
- From the home page, go to ‘Players’ and click on the first player.
- Click on the ‘Add Attribute‘ button and create the first attribute:
- The label could be called “LG Sync Master IP”. This will create a field where you will enter the IP address of the master screen:
- Click ‘Save‘
- Click on the ‘Add Attribute‘ button again and label the second attribute “LG Sync Screens”. This will create a field where you will enter the total number of screens synced:
- Click ‘Save‘
- Now that your two sync attributes are created, you can add the master IP address and number of screens to the Player Record for all synced players.
- Once the Additional Attributes have been added to each Player, a Playlist needs to be Scheduled to the players. You can sync different playlists assuming each playlist contains the same number of assets and the duration for each asset in its relevant sequence is set for the same length of time.
- A Force Update must be performed after group is created to “lock” in the group. Any additional players that are added to the group must be sent a Force Update to each player individually.