The following steps are required for using Applications as interrupts to Player(s). Using Applications as Interrupts also requires the use of the Remote Control Interface Widget.
Create a Template
A template is required for the application to work. The template in this example will be left blank.
1) Under Templates, click on the ‘Create New’ button and give your template a name. In this example, we’ll call this template “Blank”:
2) The Template will be added to each Touchscreen Page that is created.
Create Pages with Active Show on Widget Settings
1) From the Applications main page, click on the ‘Create New’ button to create new pages for your channels.
2) As you create your new pages, be sure to select your Template (in this example, we’re using the “_Blank” template).
3) You have the option for the Page to time out after a specified amount of time. You also have the option to select the Timeout Page that you want to show once the Page interrupt times out.
4) You can add a Logo to your page which will be used as a button when using the Remote Control Interface Widget. You also the option to show or not show this page as part of the Remote Control Interface Widget by using the ‘Show on Widget‘ option:
5) Once you ‘Save‘ your pages, click on the page Description or use the ‘Designer‘ option to open the Layout Designer and add the content you need for this page interrupt.
Generating Links for 3rd Party Control Systems
You can trigger Interrupts using 3rd party control systems like Control4, Crestron, AMX etc… Please see: External Trigger API using Application Link Generator
Creating the Application
After templates and pages have been created, you will need to define your Application main settings.
Click on the ‘Create New’ button under Applications.
- Name – Give your Application a name.
- Timeout – This is the global timeout time for pages that will use the Application Default for their timeout. Enter the number of seconds.
- Page – This is the page that the Application will show first and timeout to, unless defined specifically at the Page level. You can click on the ‘Create New’ button to create a new page or go back to the Pages section and use the ‘Create New’ button from there.
As pages are created and buttons linked, pages will show under the main Application settings. You can open the Properties or Designer from here as well.
Each page also has a ‘Preview’ option where you can preview that page in a new tab.
The page you designate as your main or “Home” page will allow you to test all pages in a new tab. If you are using Applications for a touch screen, you can use your mouse on all buttons to replicate a touchscreen.
Groups are used when you are using Applications as Interrupts. Please see steps on how to use groups as part of Using Applications as Interrupts.
If you haven’t already created Groups for your players, please follow the steps below.
1) Click on the ‘Groups’ icon from the Home page.
2) Click on the ‘Create New’ button.
3) Give your Group a name.
4) Select only the Players you would like as part of this Group. This ensure that the triggers you send to the Group through the Remote Control only change content on these players.
5) Click ‘Save’
6) If needed, you can create additional groups for the same or different players.
Remote Control Interface Widget
When using this widget, to activate the triggers, you will need to select the ‘Group(s)’ and then the Application Page you’d like to trigger. If using Icon view, then you must attach your Icons in the Application Page(s) properties. Once you’ve built this Layout, you can take the ViewKey URL and save as a book mark on your laptop, desktop or tablet for quick access to fire the interrupt content.
NOTE: Websockets must be switched on for your EngagePHD network. Contact email@example.com to ensure this is switched on.
Add the Remote Control Widget from the Store
1) Click on the ‘Store’ icon from the Home page.
2) Search for “Remote Control”
3) Click ‘Next’ on the widget.
4) Rename the widget if you’d like to call it something else. Click ‘Add to my Network’ to add the widget to your Asset Library.
Connect Images/Logos to your Pages
If you would like to show a logo or button for your pass as part of the Remote Control widget, you’ll need to add the image to the Page properties.
1) Go to ‘Applications’ from the Home page.
2) Click on the ‘Properties’ of the Page.
3) Ensure that the ‘Show in Widget’ option is switched to ‘Yes’ (If any time you would like to stop showing the logo in the widget, this setting can be switched to ‘No’).
3) Under ‘Logo’ click on the ‘Choose File’ button to upload the image. Click ‘Save’ to complete the upload.
4) The next time you open the Page Properties, you should see the logo you’ve added: