To use Enhanced User Roles, please contact your EngagePHD representative to turn on this feature for your network.
Once Enhanced User Roles have been turned on, the steps below will allow you to set up Access Groups and define the sections of the software you would like specific users to have access to.
Setting up Access Groups
All users with network administrative privileges will have the ‘Access’ icon from the navigation bar.
With the navigation minimized, click on the ‘Users‘ icon and click on ‘Access‘:
1) From the Access Groups page, click on the ‘Create New’ button.
2) Give your group and name and define which sections of the software this group will have access to.
3) The ‘Type’ allows you to define whether the group will have Full access or only Specific access. Specific access will allow you to select certain Products, Players, Events, Layouts, Assets and Playlists:
Full access give access to all in the sections you select.
1) Select ‘Full’ from the ‘Type’ drop-down.
2) Check the box for each section this group will have access to.
3) Click ‘Save’.
1) If you select ‘Specific’ access, check the box next to each section this group will have access to. Click ‘Save’ to save the group settings, then click to open the group and you will see a drop-down option to select access per each section:
2) Select the section from the drop-down, this will only show the sections you checked above.
3) Select the specific attributes this group will have access to based on the sections you checked above (Products, Players, Events, Layouts, Assets and Playlists):
4) Check the boxes for the access required. Use the drop-down to switch between sections.
5) Click ‘Save’.
Repeat if additional Access Groups are needed.
The Admin access from the ‘Type’ drop-down gives full admin access to all sections of the software.
Setting up Users
1) From the Home page, click on the ‘Users’ icon.
2) Click on the ‘Create New’ button.
3) Provide the user’s Email, First Name, Last Name. You must provide a temporary password for the user to use for their initial login (the password must have at least one capitol letter). Enter a Phone number (a phone number is required and will be available if the user creates a support Ticket):
3) From the ‘User Access’ tab, check the box next to the Access Group this user will have access to:
Example: In this example, we set up an access group for the “Product Managers” team. We’ve checked the boxes for Full access to only the ‘Products’ (to change products information and add new products to the Product Library), and Dashboard (to view the connection status and screenshots of each player) :
This is what the user will see when they login:
When providing login instructions to your new users, the Logging In Knowledge Base will provide step-by-step instructions.