From Playlists you can create a new Playlist, edit an existing Playlist or delete a Playlist. Use caution when deleting a Playlist as this will remove the Playlist from any Player that is currently schedule to be playing the deleted Playlist.
Creating A New Playlist
1) When you click ‘Create New‘ you are prompted to give the Playlist a name:
2) Give the Playlist a name:
Assets Tab: When you drag Assets or Layouts onto the Playlist timeline, by default Image Assets will run for 10 seconds and Video Assets will run for their natural duration. As shown in the example below: The order in which you have the Assets will be the order in which they playback subject to any specific playback attributes you set. You can drag the Assets around when they are on the timeline to put them is the order that you require:
Clicking on the ‘Properties’ icon will allow you to set Asset specific playback attributes that affect just that Asset:
The order in which you have the Assets will be the order in which they playback subject to any specific playback attributes you set. You can drag the Assets around when they are on the timeline to put them is the order that you require.
Clicking on the ‘Properties’ icon will allow you to set Asset specific playback attributes that affect just that Asset. Leaving the Start Date, End Date, Time Range, Day(s) of the week and Tags blank will mean that this Asset will play continuously in a loop along with other Assets that have no attributes set.
Layouts Tab: This is where you can add a Layout to the Playlist. Simply drag the Layout you require on to the timeline:
Upload Media Tab
If you have forgotten to upload the Asset(s) you need for your Playlist. You can click the ‘Upload Media’ tab and upload the required Asset(s). Once uploaded you can go back to the Assets tab and drag the newly uploaded Asset to your timeline:
- The Name field will allow you to change the name of the Playlist.
- Click to advance scene can be used when your playlist is added to a touchscreen layout. Users can click/press the image on the touchscreen to advance to the next asset in the playlist.
- Playlist Mode allows you to randomize your assets so that they play at random.
- Randomize Total # Slots allows you to randomize total number of slots when using the Advertising module.
- Image Transition allows you to apply a fade in/out transition to your JPEG or PNG image assets.
- A Playlist will automatically save itself as you work on it. However the ‘Copy’ button will allow you to create an exact copy of the selected Playlist from which you can make any minor changes instead of starting from scratch:
Preview Playlist: This will allow you to preview your playlist in a new tab in your browser:
Any changes you make to your Playlist will save automatically. Any Playlists that are scheduled to players will update shortly after changes are made.