Our integration with Oracle Simphony is available to deliver three different use cases depending on what your objectives are. Either or all three can be used within your EngagePHD™ network:
- Digital Menu Board (Products): This works based on pulling product data from your Oracle Simphony platform into your EngagePHD™ network where you can use those products to design and schedule dynamic Digital Menu Boards content. Once set up, whenever price is changed in Oracle Simphony, your Digital Menu Boards will automatically update to reflect that change in price. In addition, if you flag a product to be ‘Sold Out’ in Oracle Simphony, this will trigger the ‘Enabled’ flag in EngagePHD™ to change and will subsequently automatically remove that product from your Digital Menu Board(s).
- Order Confirmation: This is geared for use at the Drive-Thru where we can show in real-time details of the order as it is being placed by the customer. This will give visual verification that the order is being entered correctly and shows the customer the total cost of the order. A fully configurable widget allows this ‘Order Confirmation’ zone to be designed with maximum flexibility.
- Order Status: This will allow you to show a list of Order #’s that are being prepared and a list of Order #’s that are ready for pick up. Once the customer has placed their order and given a receipt with their order number, they can stand back and out of the way of other customers wanting to place their orders and wait until there Order # is flagged as ready for pick up. Then that customer can go to the pickup zone to collect their order.
Set Up Instructions
- Download and extract the following zip file onto an Oracle Simphony terminal or a Windows PC that sits on the same LAN as the Oracle Simphony terminal(s); https://go.engagephd.com/EngageOrder.zip
Our recommendation would be c:\EngageOrder\
- Locate and open EngageImporter.exe.config in Notepad:
The following highlighted items need to be updated in the EngageImporter.exe.config file.
Network Access code:
<add key=”Access.Code” value=”251-X4w” />
Server to point to:
<add key=”Server” value=”https://uploads.engagephd.com/” />
Base Simphony2 URL. Ensure IP address and port are correct and use what applicable to your terminal:
<add key=”Base” value=”http://10.0.0.114:8080/” />
Group ID in EngagePHD to send the order details to:
<add key=”Group.Id” value=”158″ />
Revenue Center Number:
<add key=”RevCenter” value=”4” />
- Once you have edited the above config file, there are three CMD files that need to be run to perform the required action(s):
- For Digital Menu Board (Products), use:cmd
- For Order Confirmation, use:cmd
- For Order Status, use:cmd
For each of the 3 options you require, create a shortcut to the applicable .cmd file and place the shortcut in your Startup Folder. To get to the startup folder, press ‘CTRL ALT DEL’ at the same time and bring up the Task Manager. Then click on File and select ‘Run new task’ and in the ‘Open:’ box, type shell:startup and click OK. Copy your shortcut(s) into this folder.
Creating Layouts in EngagePHD
Next we need to look at what you need to create the Layouts based on the three different scenarios:
- Digital Menu Boards (Products)
- Order Confirmation
Use the following widget available from the store:
This widget does not have to be used Fullscreen and can be a zone placed anywhere in the Layout.
- Order Status