The ‘Asset Library’ is where all of your media assets and custom fonts are uploaded and stored. Media Assets include:
- Images (JPG, PNG, GIF and BMP) – PNG images are recommended if you want to have a layered transparent image that allows the background video or image to come through.
- Videos (MP4 encoded as H.264) – Videos over 50 MB or WMV, MOV, AVI files should be re-encoded to improve performance and to ensure they are in the correct format (MP4). Please see: Encoding Video Files to MP4 with HandBrake Open Source Video Transcoder .
- Fonts (TTF and OTF)
- Custom HTML5 code/scripts You can set images and videos as a background to your layout design.
If assets need to be approved before they can be used, an EngagePHD admin can activate asset approval. Please see: Asset Approval
By default, assets by the same file name will add a duplicate file to the Asset Library when uploaded. A feature can be turned on to replace the asset when a file by the same name is uploaded from the ‘Upload Media’ tab in the Asset Library.
Please contact our support team to turn on this feature for your network.
Uploading Assets to the Asset Library
To upload an Asset select the ‘Upload Media‘ tab as shown below. The first time you try to upload an Asset you will be prompted to confirm that you have permission to use the content that you are uploading:
You will then be able to drag your Asset(s) (font files included) on to the grey dialogue box or click to find the Asset(s) you wish to upload. Once the Asset(s) have been uploaded you can view them in list view as shown below or as thumbnails as shown below by clicking on the required button:
Automatically Inserting Uploaded Assets to Playlists
When uploading new assets to the Asset Library, you have the option to automatically inserted the uploaded assets into one or more playlists at one time.
For this feature to work, you will need to first create a new Playlist. Please see: Creating A New Playlist
1) Click on the ‘Assets’ icon from the navigation.
2) Click on the ‘Upload Media‘ tab.
3) If needed, adjust the timing of each asset (this is set to 10 seconds by default), then check the box next to the playlist(s) where you would like to add the asset(s):
4) Drag and drop or click on the upload box to upload one or more assets. Uploading is complete when you see a green check on each asset:
5) Go to ‘Playlists‘ from the navigation and open your playlist. You should see your assets in the playlist timeline:
The Media Detail
Once an asset has been added to the Asset Library, you can click on the asset and open the Media Detail. From this page you can manage the asset by setting Tags, Deleting the asset, Applying the asset to multiple products, or setting a Scheduled Start and End Date/Time. This also where you can access the Wayfinding module to setup a wayfinding map on your asset.
Assets can be deleted by clicking on the asset and clicking the ‘Delete‘ button from the Media Detail page. If an asset is being used in a layout or playlist, you will be prompted to remove the asset from that layout or playlist before deleting the file. To override this, or to delete multiple assets at once, you can click on the ‘Action’ button at the top right of the library and select ‘Delete’. Click on each asset line you want to delete (each will highlight in blue), the click the ‘Process’ button. This will also remove assets from any playlists.
Creating Folders to Organize Assets
Asset Sub Folders/Tags
Assets sub folders can be achieved by adding tags to assets. This creates a sub folder that can be viewed by clicking on the folder icon from the Assets library or a Playlist.
1) Click on the ‘Manage Tags‘ icon:
2) Click on the ‘Add Sub Tag‘ button and create the new tag:
3) Assets can be moved to sub folders by dragging the asset into the folder, or click on the asset from the library to open the Media Detail for that asset. Click on the ‘Tab‘ to add a tag to the asset:
From the Asset Library list you can also Add Web Page and Add Widget. Please see: Understanding Widgets